*** This free version limits the size of encrypted files to less than 1MB ***
FluffyPuffin is a simple and powerful tool which automatically encrypts anything you download to a password of your choosing using 256-Bit AES encryption.
- Automatically encrypt any file you download.
- An encryption page where you can encrypt or decrypt any file on your computer.
- Works with Volt website downloader to provide an enhanced experience - http://goo.gl/Y89ZZU
The first time you download something, a page will load where you will have to input a password to encrypt the file to and click the encrypt button. The password you enter will be stored until Chrome is closed and any other automatic downloads will use the last used password. When a password is stored, Fluffy Puffin will automatically encrypt any future downloads to the stored password (This can be disabled by un-ticking the "Enable Auto Encryption" checkbox found by clicking the application icon on the right of the URL).
You can encrypt or decrypt any file on your computer from the encryption page. To get to the encryption page click the extension icon to the right of the URL and click the "Open Encryption Page" button. On the encryption page: click the "Browse Files" button to select the file, enter the password in the given field, click the "Encrypt" or "Decrypt" button.
These options are found on the popup opened by clicking on the FluffyPuffin icon to the right of the URL.
- Enable FluffyPuffin - Disabling this will cause the extension to not do anything when an item is downloaded. The encrypt page can still be accessed and will still work.
- Enable Auto Encryption - Disabling this will stop FluffyPuffin from automatically encrypting every download to the last password and instead open the encryption page in a new tab.
- Delete Original Downloads - Disabling this will prevent FluffyPuffin from deleting the unencrypted original downloads.