Please report bugs at https://github.com/mgziminsky/FacebookTrackingRemoval/issues
Removes Ads and the user interaction tracking from content on Facebook™.
Modified elements can optionally have a custom CSS style applied to them so that cleaned items can be more easily identified.
For links, the event listeners on the link and its parents are removed and/or disabled and a proper href is set.
For videos on mobile, all Facebook™ event-listeners and custom controls are removed, and the video is simplified into just the bare HTML5 video tag.
Explanation of permissions:
- Access to facebook.com, messenger.com, and facebookcorewwwi.onion is needed for main functionality, in order to do anything on those pages.
- Access to mgziminsky.gitlab.io, more specifically https://mgziminsky.gitlab.io/FacebookTrackingRemoval/*, is used to download blocking rules only. No data is sent, and nothing is tracked by me.
- Access browser tabs is used to reload facebook pages after changing the options.
Project is completely open source, so you are welcome, and encouraged, to check the code yourself before installing.
- Fix extension not working at all when "Fix external links" is disabled
- Add more details to log when something is hidden/removed
- Support messenger.com - Closes #27
- Fixes for parts of messenger page
- Prevent FB from resetting links after they've been cleaned
- Internal code improvements and bug fixes
- Moved remaining hard-coded data to hosting to support easier updates without version bumps
- Fix reactions in chat and some breakages caused by internal link cleaning. Closes #25
- Remove some new internal tracking parameters
- Slightly smarter sponsored identification
- Remove fbclid from links - Closes #20
See https://github.com/mgziminsky/FacebookTrackingRemoval/blob/master/CHANGELOG for full list