Immersive yourself in every YouTube video with ambilight!
This extension will add a dynamic light inside your browser surrounding your YouTube videos. No need for extra hardware like lightstrips or smart lights, it's all in your browser!
Tip: Press Z or go to the settings button in the bottom right corner of a YouTube video and enable the Immersive Mode! This will hide all other elements on the page when you are at the top of the page so that you can completely immersive yourself in the ambi-light effect!
(Click on "more information" to view all settings)
You can change the following 9 settings realtime:
- Blur: With less blur small details will show up in the ambilight effect. While more blur can decrease distraction.
- Bloom: Increase the start position all the way to the maximum size.
- Spread: Change the size of the ambilight effect. (Keep this low for budget computers.)
- Video scale (Decreases the video size between 25% and 100%. Tip: Also works in fullscreen mode.)
- High precission: Syncs the ambilight effect with the video framerate more tightly. This will require extra CPU usage because it detects new video frames on every display refresh rate, since the framerate counter in Chrome lags behind.
- Immersive mode (Z): Hide the video surroundings when you are at the top of the page after 2 seconds.
- Enable in fullscreen: Shows the surround ambilight in fullscreen mode where normally black bars are located
- Enable/Disable (A): It's possible to toggle the effect on your demand.
You can contribute to this open source project at https://github.com/WesselKroos/chrome-youtube-ambilight
Privacy & Security
This Chrome Extension uses the [activeTab] permission only on urls that start with https://www.youtube.com
This extension sends NO requests to any webserver, website or api