👉 How to use it?
1. Install the extension, click on its icon and open the options page.
2. Provide your Jira's URL adress and API token (you'll find an instruction on the options page).
3. Go to one of your backlogs in Jira and see if avatars appear for unassigned issues. Then try to click any of the avatars on the list. If a dropdown with a list of users shows up - everything works!
Let's be honest, there are some things you always wanted to do in Jira. Remember the first time you clicked on an avatar and hoped a nice dropdown with users will appear? Or pressed the "U" key hoping that it will unassign an assignee from the selected issue?
Well, I've always wanted to do these things.
This project started as a 48h hackathon, but when I realised the impact it can have on your productivity, I just had to publish it. Now you can also enjoy the benefits of an improved UX of using Jira!
This project is still in a beta phase and I'm aware of some shorcomings. I'll try to publish improvements regularly.
- Assign a user to an issue without opening it (such a time saver!).
- Unassign an issue with the "U" key.
🥺 Coming soon
See: Project page - https://github.com/adamkarminski/better-jira-ux/projects/1
- Use Cmd/Ctrl + K to quickly change a project.
- Keyboard shortcut for focusing the backlog search.
- Changing priority without opening an issue.
💻 Wanna join me?