A simple extension that checks your Gmail inbox and displays the unread count with a nice icon/badge. Also, sound notifications available. Probably one of the few that let you choose the feed you want. 'Primary' or 'All e-mail' are the ones available! Supports the new Inbox from Google and you have up to two accounts at the same time being checked password-less, which is great!
- MULTI ACCOUNT SUPPORT! Hell yeah, finally.
- New icons
- Retina support
- Hotfix for the new feature. Added proper default values.
- Added new permissions for inbox.google.com
- New feature: added support for the new Google Inbox. Choose your default app in the options page! Gmail users, don't worry, it's the default app.
- New feature: choose your feed. 'Primary' category and 'All e-mails' available!
- Minor improvements
- Enhancement: always check the primary account inbox
- New feature: icon click behaviour now can be changed to open the primary account tab or the first gmail.com found in the list.
- Core methods refactored
- Fixed bug related with the check cycle
- New feature: sound notifications for everyone. Take your eyes off the screen.
- Added "Options" page with alternative icons and check-cycles
- First release
Yes, it's open source. You can contribute to the development here: https://github.com/rafaqueque/gmail-checker-lite