Many websites that require you to login has a session timeout. This means if you are not active for certain period of time your session will expire and when you click on a link or try to post a form next time you will be asked to login again.
To keep the session active you must keep clicking on some links or keep reloading pages.
This extension will do this for you in the background. Once logged in, the extension will keep requesting pages from the website at pre-determined intervals so your session will stay alive without you having to manually reload pages so you will not be kicked back to login form if you were away from you computer for long period of time.
* Can have multiple background rules running at the same time, keeping active sessions for more that one website.
* Can see the running background requests from the extension popup menu. Can see counter of requests made per site and live countdown until the next background request.
by periodically reloading the current page in the browser tab.
* Can cancel background request from the popup window.
* Can have setup rules to not accept certain cookies by the background processes.
* Can include extra header/value with background and reload requests
* Option to play beep 10 seconds before page reload.
* Option to disable power-saving mode to prevent computer from hibernating while background requests are running.
This is an Open Source project!
The source code of this extension is released under the MIT Open Source license and available on github https://github.com/snytkine/staying_alive
I hope other extension developers will find this project helpful when developing their own extensions.